As you browse the internet with your AOL browser, AOL store data on your computer locally to make the user experience better. It stores info about the websites you visit locally.
It enhances the user experience in the AOL browser, AOL footprints could show the records of the websites visited and information you entered on those websites and items you’ve searched. This could be a privacy issue for people if they share a computer. If you don’t want others to know what you are working on, then you would like to remove those footprints you left behind. Also, these footprints could slow down your computer. So it is advised that you remove all these items from the computer to get it working fine. To know more about this, you can contact the AOL Customer Support Phone Number +1(800)279-1380.
Before removing all the footprints from the computer, let’s have a look at the footprints stored on the PC.
Footprints Stored Locally
AOL saves a lot of data and stores it locally on the computer. Here is a list.
- Browsing history – Keeps a list of websites you visit.
- Cookies – These are the files stored on your computer locally to access the websites and track your visits.
- Cache – These files are stored on the computer to accelerate download time.
- Thumbnails – Thumbnails consist of the thumbnails view of the websites you have visited on the browser.
- Search – It stores a list of search items you’ve searched on the AOL explorer search field.
How to Clear All the Footprints from the AOL Browser
To clear the browser footprints you need to follow these simple steps.
Open AOL Browser
- Open menu and select security from the top right corner
- You’ll see ‘Clear My Footprints’ under Security.
- Now click ‘Clear My Footprints’
- It will clear the selected footprints from your PC.
To select the footprints to clear, you can easily change the setting by that option.
If you are looking to clear few specific footprints from the AOL browser. You can do that by following these simple steps to the point.
- Open browser and select security from the menu
- Now, select ‘Footprints to Clear’ from the security
- Check the boxes against the specific footprints you want to clear.
- And click the ‘Clear selected footprints’ to remove those footprints.
Well, this is a pretty straightforward procedure for clearing the footprints. If you still don’t get it, you can contact AOL Customer Care Number for extensive help. The executives at AOL Toll Free Number are available 24*7 to help the AOL customers with all their needs.