Most of the time printer users report the issue that their “printers cannot print”. This issue has no specific origin but can happen unexpectedly. But if you are trying to complete an important task, users must be aware of the possible recovery methods. Here below we are discussing the actual cause as well as the respective recovery method. Get enlightened:
Start with Basic Troubleshooting:
First, check for the main cause of the issue and start the basic troubleshooting. To start with check the internet connection, and the connection between printer and computer. Also, make sure the printer is properly connected to the network as printing without a network is not possible.
Also, you can shut down the devices to retrieve the issues which are keeping you from printing the page properly. Wait for a few minutes before restarting the device. Check how much time it is taking to resolve. HP Printer Customer Service is another option available to get rid of such issues.
Set the Printer as Default:
Usually, the computer will assign the task to the printer which has been set as default printer. But if the printer you are using is not set as default, you need to change its status first. So, to add your desired printer, follow the given steps:
- Press and hold “Win + R” keys. Write “control” and then hit “Enter”.
- Choose Devices and printers
- Open the Printers section and click right on the printer and select Set as default printer
- Now the printer of your choice has been set as default.
Cancel All the Print Jobs:
The other cause due to which the printer can stop printing is that the print job has been stuck on the queue. This can be cleaned by clearing all the jobs from the queue. To clear the print queue, follow the below-given instructions:
- Open Devices and Printers settings
- Select your printer from the “Printers” section and choose the “See what’s printing” option.
- Open the Printer menu and choose Open as administrator.
- Now again open the Printer menu and choose “Cancel all documents”.
- Click on Confirm to continue.
- The print queue will be clear. Now check whether if the printer is running normally.
Check the Hardware Status:
Check whether the hardware is in working condition or not as an issue with the hardware can cause the Struggle and keep you from using an HP printer. If the printer doesn’t have paper, ink or toner. Remove the paper jam first. Also, you need to check the printer cartridge and replace if required. If you are not able to resolve the issue, make a call HP Printer Support Number. The toll-free number will let you discuss your issue with experts.