Xbox One, an eighth-generation home video gaming device, was introduced by Microsoft. It is the successor to Xbox 360. Sometimes you may face issues while getting an update for Xbox One. The update errors can arise for various reasons. If this is the case with you as well, consider talking to the tech support team of Xbox Customer Service.
When the update will fail, you will see the following messages:
- Something went wrong
- There was a problem with the update
- Error codes like 800072xxx
- Xbox is almost full
You may also encounter these additional error messages
‘Your Xbox One may get stuck on the screen start-up animation with the Xbox logo’.
‘Your console may display a black screen instead of the start-up animation, after which it may load into a broken home screen’.
Xbox Customer Service Number is readily available to help you whenever there is an update issue with Xbox one.
Fixes to solve the Xbox one update error
Here are the solutions that may help you to fix the errors:
- Restart the Xbox one: Sometimes it is only about restarting the Xbox one device to resolve the error while updating it. It should be the first step of troubleshooting whenever you face this error. Restarting the device can also fix some other problems like- error messages and codes, got stuck on the loading screen, etc.
- Reset the device: Resetting the device can also help you complete the update process in case you are facing error code or message. Even if the loading screen is stuck, you can reset the console. You can reset it completely as it will give it a fresh start and may fix the problems as well.
- Check the network: The update can also fail when Xbox one is almost full, so you should consider freeing up some space of the hard drive as it may fix the problem as well.
- Free some space: The update can also fail when Xbox one is almost full, so you should consider freeing up some space of the hard drive as it may fix the problem as well.
- Try to perform an offline update: If the Xbox one update is facing issues due to network or corrupted data, you can try doing an offline update. If the above steps didn’t help you, this can definitely fix your problem.
- Factory Reset: If none of the above steps was helpful to you, you can try to perform a factory reset. This should be your last step as it will delete all your locally stored files and the saved games as well.
Resolving ‘Something Went Wrong’ Errors and ‘Stuck Loading Screens’
If you are facing the ‘Something went wrong’ message after the system update got failed with your Xbox one, or it gets stuck on a loading screen, you can get rid of it by using the fixes given below:
Restart and Power Cycle Your Xbox One
When an Xbox One system update fails, you can restart, or power cycle the Xbox One to fix the same. The ‘Something went wrong’ screen actually has an option that you can use to restart your console. Once it restarts, you can check if the update completes. If it doesn’t start normally, you will need to power cycle your console. If you’re on something went wrong screen:
- Using the D-pad on the controller, restart the Xbox.
- Next, press the A button on your controller and keep the ‘Restart this Xbox’ option selected.
- Now, wait for the console to restart, and check if the update gets complete.
- If the update is still there, shut down your Xbox.
- Unplug the Xbox from power, and wait for some time.
- Now, plug the Xbox back in, turn it on, and check if the update is complete.
- If the error is still there, you will need to reset your Xbox One.
For further issues and queries, give us a call at the Xbox Phone Number.